Entertaining, Holidays, Kid-Friendly
- 4 Tablespoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce divided
- 1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream softened
- Gluten Free Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 large Eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Gluten Free Almond Flour
- 1 12 ounce bag Frozen Cherries thawed
Stir 3 tablespoons of San-J Tamari Soy Sauce into the softened ice cream and re-freeze. Keep in freezer until a few minutes before serving time.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch spring-form pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit and spray the paper.
Place butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high power 1 1/2 – 2 minutes or until most of the chocolate chips are melted. Stir until all chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the vanilla and 1 tablespoon San-J Tamari Soy Sauce. Let cool.
Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until thick and pale yellow, 2 – 3 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture, and almond flour. Stir to combine.
With clean beaters, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Stir a large spoonful of the whites into the chocolate mixture then gently fold in the rest of the whites until the mixture is no longer streaky. Pour into prepared pan. Top with the thawed cherries and bake for 40 minutes. Let cool in pan for at least 10 minutes before removing.
Serve slices of cake warm or at room temperature topped with a scoop of ice cream.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Tamari Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free