Back to all Recipes
Coconut Fish Sticks
OccasionEntertaining, Kid-Friendly, Quick & Easy
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon San-J Gluten Free Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia filets
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Position oven racks in the top and bottom third of the oven and preheat to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray generously with gluten free, non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the tilapia filets in half lengthwise down the center line. Half again lengthwise then cut in half crosswise.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl with 1 teaspoon San J Gluten Free Tamari. Place the coconut flakes on a plate.
- Dip the strips of fish into the egg, shaking off the excess then into the coconut, pressing to adhere. Place on the prepared baking sheets and spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake until golden brown and the fish feels firm to the touch, 15–20 minutes, rotating the baking sheets from top to bottom halfway through.
- Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari Soy Sauce with mayonnaise. Serve the fish sticks with the sauce.
Check out more Tamari Soy Sauce main course recipes.