Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 pound Asparagus
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil divided
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Medium leeks
- 4 Garlic cloves minced
- 10 ounces 2 cups Baby peas, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 cups Gluten free vegetable broth
- 1 14-ounce can Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Juice of ½ lemon
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Trim the woody ends off the asparagus. Place on a sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat and roast for 10 minutes or until tender. Cut into 1-2 inch pieces, saving a few of the tips for garnish.
Clean the leeks and chop the white and light green parts. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for another minute.
Save a few of the peas for garnish and place the rest in the skillet along with the vegetable broth, coconut milk, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Raise the heat and bring to a boil. Pour the mixture into a blender, working in batches if necessary, and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture back into the pot, heat until hot, and stir in San-J Tamari Soy Sauce and lemon juice. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
Serve, garnished with reserved asparagus tips and peas.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Tamari Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free