Creamy Miso Broccoli SoupCreated by Lauren Fields, San-J Marketing Back to all recipes
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 lb or 2 cups chopped broccoli, including trimmed stalks; reserve leaves for garnish if available
- ¼ t red pepper flakes, plus more for serving
- 3 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup white beans
- 1 Tbsp San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp miso paste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat and saute onion until soft. Add garlic, ginger, broccoli, and red pepper flakes. Sauté for 1 minute.
Add vegetable stock or water, peas, white beans and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook covered until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Transfer to a blender, along with San-J Tamari Soy Sauce and miso paste. Blend on high until smooth. If you prefer a thinner soup, slowly add hot water until desired consistency is reached. Pour blended soup back into pot to heat until hot. Or if it is already the temperature you like, pour directly into bowls to serve.
Garnish as desired. Try red pepper flakes, fresh cracked black pepper, and broccoli leaves.
Read our blog article The Creamiest, Most Umami-est Broccoli Soup to learn more!
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.