Creamy Miso Broccoli Soup
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 lb or 2 cups chopped broccoli including trimmed stalks; reserve leaves for garnish if available
- ¼ t red pepper flakes plus more for serving
- 3 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup white beans
- 1 Tbsp San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp miso paste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat and saute onion until soft. Add garlic, ginger, broccoli, and red pepper flakes. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock or water, peas, white beans and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook covered until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Transfer to a blender, along with San-J Tamari Soy Sauce and miso paste. Blend on high until smooth. If you prefer a thinner soup, slowly add hot water until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour blended soup back into pot to heat until hot. Or if it is already the temperature you like, pour directly into bowls to serve.
- Garnish as desired. Try red pepper flakes, fresh cracked black pepper, and broccoli leaves.
- Read our blog article The Creamiest, Most Umami-est Broccoli Soup to learn more!