- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes divided
- 1 12 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 14.5 oz. can GF chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons San-J Thai Peanut Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Chopped chives and peanuts for garnish (optional)
Heat a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil and onion and stir occasionally while sautéing for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, making sure not to burn the garlic. Stir in the paprika.
Add half of the can of tomatoes with the juice (save the other half for the end of the recipe), pumpkin, broth, San-J Thai Peanut Sauce, peanut butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
Using a hand-immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy. Add the remaining tomatoes and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle into bowls.
Sprinkle with chopped chives and peanuts as a garnish.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Thai Peanut Sauce
– Gluten Free