Creamy Peanut and Pumpkin Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes divided
- 1 12 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 14.5 oz. can GF chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons San-J Thai Peanut Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Chopped chives and peanuts for garnish (optional)
- Heat a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil and onion and stir occasionally while sautéing for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, making sure not to burn the garlic. Stir in the paprika.
- Add half of the can of tomatoes with the juice (save the other half for the end of the recipe), pumpkin, broth, San-J Thai Peanut Sauce, peanut butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Using a hand-immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy. Add the remaining tomatoes and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and peanuts as a garnish.