Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
Appetizer, Dips & Snacks, Side Dish
Tofu, Rice & Grains
- 16 oz extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bell pepper (red, orange, or yellow), diced
- 3/4 cup San-J Szechuan Sauce
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds
Place tofu between sheets of paper towels, place a heavy object on top and let sit for 30 minutes.
Cut tofu into small squares and place in a bowl with cornstarch. Stir until the tofu is well coated.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Using tongs, place the tofu into the hot pan and cook, turning often until lightly crispy, 5–7 minutes. Remove tofu from pan to a paper towel lined plate.
Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring often until tender, 4–5 minutes. Add sauce and heat through.
Combine sushi rice and vinegar.
Heat a mini waffle maker and spray with cooking spray. Take about ½ cup rice and press into firmly packed ball. Put in waffle maker, press down the lid, and cook for 5–6 minutes or until crispy and lightly golden brown. Repeat with remaining rice.
Serve the tofu on the crispy rice waffle and top with green onions and sesame seeds.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
– Gluten Free