Back to all Recipes
Green Tea Wild Rice with Asian BBQ Sauce
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 ½ cups brewed green tea chilled
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh kale chopped
- 1 ½ cups wild rice
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 large plum tomatoes diced
- 2 celery ribs cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup soy nuts
- 1/4 cup San-J Asian BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Plump the cranberries in brewed green tea for 30 minutes. Drain cranberries and set aside; transfer liquid to a large pot over medium heat. Add onions; cook until translucent. Add kale, cook for another 4 minutes.
- In a large sauce pot, bring the wild rice and apple cider to a boil. Transfer mixture to a deep baking dish. Add onion mixture; mix well to combine. Bake in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes or until the rice absorbs all liquid. Remove from oven.
- In a large serving bowl, gently toss cooked wild rice with cranberries. Add plum tomatoes, celery, olive oil, soy nuts, San-J Asian BBQ Sauce and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.