Seafood, Rice & Grains
Quick & Easy, Entertaining
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red Fresno chilies, or 1 jalapeño, sliced into rounds
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp honey or brown sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 cups Thai basil leaves, or regular basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice, kept hot
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
Heat oil in a large straight-sided skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add chilies, shallots and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender and fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
Stir in shrimp and cook until fully cooked, about 2-3 minutes. Add San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, honey and fish sauce, and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce reduces by half, about 1-2 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat. Stir in basil until just wilted. Garnish with additional basil. Serve with rice and lime wedges.
Tip: Thai basil can usually be found in the produce aisle of your local Asian grocer.
Tip: Thai basil has a strong peppery flavor and is often described as having a licorice flavor, similar to star anise.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Tamari Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free