Grilled Wasabi Shrimp Sushi Wraps
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free
CourseMain Course, Sandwiches, Burgers, Wraps
- 1/2 cup San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- Wasabi powder to taste
- 1-4 Garlic cloves minced, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds Jumbo shrimp or your choice of protein (Chicken, Tofu, etc.)
- 1 cup Shiitake mushrooms sliced, lightly salted and drizzled with olive oil
- 3 Whole Green onions chop after grilling
- 1 cup Cooked rice or quinoa
- 1-2 Mini cucumbers cut matchstick-style
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 1 Carrot shredded
- 2 sheets Nori crumpled by hand
- Sushi ginger to taste
- 1 package Rice wraps or soft tortillas
- Mix San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, wasabi powder, and garlic cloves in a large bowl or reusable container. Add jumbo shrimp and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice cucumbers, avocado, shred carrots. Gather previously prepared rice or quinoa.
- Prepare a grill for medium heat. Place shrimp on grill, reserving marinade for later, and flilp after one minute. Then drizzle the remaining marinade evenly over the shrimp.
- Serve family style with all ingredients at the table.