Back to all Recipes
Hawaiian Teriyaki Cashew Chicken
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free
OccasionQuick & Easy
- 3 lbs chicken thighs boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 12 oz package San-J Hawaiian Teriyaki Slow & Pressure Cooker Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup water for pressure cooker
- 1/2 lb snow peas strings removed
- 8 cups cooked jasmine rice kept hot
- 3 green onions sliced thin
For slow cooker:
- Mix chicken, cornstarch, San-J Hawaiian Teriyaki Slow & Pressure Cooker Sauce, cashews and pineapple together in 6-quart slow cooker until combined.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours. Stir in snow peas 1 hour before cooking finishes. Serve with rice and garnish with green onions.
For pressure cooker:
- Place chicken and cornstarch in a food storage bag. Massage cornstarch into chicken to coat completely.
- Mix chicken mixture, San-J Hawaiian Teriyaki Slow & Pressure Cooker Sauce, cashews, pineapple and water in electric pressure cooker until combined. Secure lid in place and turn lid to sealed position. Set pressure cooker to high and cook for 10 minutes.
- Manually release steam and open pressure cooker. Stir in snow peas. Select saute function and simmer until snow peas are tender and sauce has thickened, about 5-8 minutes. Serve with rice and garnish with green onions.
Check out more slow pressure cooker sauces.