Back to all Recipes
Cold Ramen with Tamari Sesame Sauce (Hiyashi Chuka)
Main IngredientPork, Seafood
- 2 packages ramen noodles
- 2 Persian or mini seedless cucumbers
- 1 tomato
- 4 sliced cooked, sliced ham of your choice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 cooked shrimps
- 5 tbsp San-J Tamari Sauce
- 2 tbsp suger
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Heat a large pot of water and bring to boil, cook noodles according to the package instructions. Drain water and rinse the noodles under cold running water to remove excess starch and cool the noodles. Set aside.
- Prepare Kinshi Tamago (shredded egg crepes).Beat egg well in a small bowl. Heat a small frying pan at medium heat, apply a thin layer of oil in the pan. After the oil is heated, pour half of egg mixture in the pan, spread it thin with a swirl motion. After cooking about 20-30 seconds, turn it over to cook slightly and remove it from the pan. Repeat one more time with the remaining egg mixture. Cool the egg crepes and cut into thin strips.
- Cut cucumber and ham in fine, thin strips. Cut tomato in small wedges.
- In a small bowl, add all the sauce ingredients and whisk together.
- Place half of the noodles on each of two plates and arrange shredded egg crepes, cucumber and ham strips, and tomatoes on top of the noodles. Pour the sauce over the toppings and the noodles, and enjoy.
Check out more Tamari Soy Sauce main course recipes.