Back to all Recipes
Japanese Ginger Pork (Shoga-Yaki)
OccasionQuick & Easy, Authentic Japanese, Entertaining
- 1 lb Pork, thinly sliced (prok shoulder works well)
- 1/2 tbsp Potato starch or corn starch
- 1/2 tbsp Sake
- 1/2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, cut into thin wedges
For Ginger Sauce
- 1 tbsp Ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 2 tbsp Sake
- 1-1/2 tsp Sugar
- Season the pork with potato starch, sake,vegetable oil and rub well.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients forthe ginger sauce and mix well.
- Sauté the onion until translucent.
- Pull the onion aside in the pan and make room to fry the pork
- When the pork is no longer pink, pour the ginger sauce over. Bring the sauce to simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Once the meat is well coated with the sauce, transfer to a serving plate. Serve with thinly shredded cabbage.
Check out more Tamari Soy Sauce main course recipes.