Japanese Noodle SoupCreated by San-J Back to all recipes
- 8 oz Udon noodles or Rice noodles (plus water or separate stock for cooking)
- 2 Tablespoon Grapeseed oil
- 2 Green onions
- 1 inch Ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup Shiitake mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 6 cups Vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons Red Miso Paste
- Spinach (for serving)
- Carrot, shredded
Servings: Serves 2 as main course or 4 as sides
Prepare noodles as directed on packaging. Be sure to slightly undercook them.
In an empty medium pot on low-medium heat, add grapeseed oil, diced green onion (just the white parts - save the green for garnish), ginger, garlic, shiitake mushrooms, and tamari. Sauté for a few minutes until fragrant, stirring constantly.
Add vegetable stock and simmer for a few minutes to mix the flavors.
Scoop out some of the broth and stir the miso paste into it until dissolved. Pour the miso broth mixture into the pot and remove the pot from heat.
Prepare serving bowls by adding to each a handful of spinach, shredded carrot, and chopped green onion. Add more chopped green onion to garnish.
Read more about this recipe on our blog, with details for making veggie stock!
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.