Japanese Noodle Soup
- 8 oz Udon noodles or Rice noodles plus water or separate stock for cooking
- 2 Tablespoon Grapeseed oil
- 2 Green onions
- 1 inch Ginger root peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup Shiitake mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 6 cups Vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons Red Miso Paste
- Spinach for serving
- Carrot shredded
- Prepare noodles as directed on packaging. Be sure to slightly undercook them.
- In an empty medium pot on low-medium heat, add grapeseed oil, diced green onion (just the white parts – save the green for garnish), ginger, garlic, shiitake mushrooms, and tamari. Sauté for a few minutes until fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetable stock and simmer for a few minutes to mix the flavors.
- Scoop out some of the broth and stir the miso paste into it until dissolved. Pour the miso broth mixture into the pot and remove the pot from heat.
- Prepare serving bowls by adding to each a handful of spinach, shredded carrot, and chopped green onion. Add more chopped green onion to garnish.
- Read more about this recipe on our blog, with details for making veggie stock!