Back to all Recipes
Korean Beef Tacos
OccasionQuick & Easy
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil divided
- 1 large red onion diced, reserve 1/4 cup for garnish
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup San-J Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped cliantro leaves
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 12 corn tortillas heated
- 12 bib lettuce leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Reserve ¼ cup of the onion for garnish and add the rest to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the beef and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off any fat. Add the San-J Korean BBQ Sauce and heat through. Keep warm until serving time.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil to another skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the kimchi and sugar. Cook, stirring, until caramelized and heated through, 3-5 minutes.
- Combine the mayonnaise with the Sriracha. Mix the reserved onion with the cilantro and sesame seeds. Spread the heated tortillas with a little of the mayonnaise mixture on each tortilla, top with a lettuce leaf, the beef, the kimchi, and finally the onion, cilantro, sesame seed mixture.