Korean FriesCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 1 pound boneless rib eye steak
- 1 (32-ounce) bag crinkle cut frozen French fries
- ½ cup San-J Korean BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup kimchi , chopped
- 2 tablespoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free gochujang or other hot chili paste
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha , plus more for serving
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Cook the fries according to the package directions.
Remove the rib eye from the freezer and thinly slice into 2- to 3-inch slices. Combine in a mixing bowl with San-J Korean BBQ Sauce. Let sit while you heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the oil and heat until it starts to smoke. Add the meat and marinade to the skillet and cook for 4 minutes, turning once. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Rinse the skillet and wipe dry.
Heat the skillet over high heat until hot, add the kimchi, San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, gochujang, sugar, and vinegar. Cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens, and the kimchi starts to brown in places, 4-5 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and Sriracha.
When the fries are done, place on a heat-proof platter. Sprinkle with the cheese and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt. Top with the beef and kimchi. Drizzle with the Sriracha mayonnaise. Top with cilantro and sesame seeds.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.