Korean Sloppy JoesCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 8 ounces coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- ¾ pound ground beef
- ¾ pound ground pork
- ½ cup San-J Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup gluten-free beef broth
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 6 gluten-free hamburger buns
- Pickled jalapeños, optional
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, vinegar, mayonnaise, sesame oil, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate until serving time.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and soft, about 5 minutes. Add the beef and pork and cook, breaking it up with a spatula, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off the excess fat and add the Korean BBQ Sauce. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the beef broth and lower the heat. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reduces, about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, green onions, and sesame seeds.
Serve the meat on the buns, topped with coleslaw, the cilantro mixture, and pickled jalapeños, if desired.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.