Quick & Easy, Kid-Friendly
- 8 ounces coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white or yellow onion diced
- ¾ pound ground beef
- ¾ pound ground pork
- ½ cup San-J Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup gluten-free beef broth
- ½ cup cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 6 gluten-free hamburger buns
- Pickled jalapeños optional
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, vinegar, mayonnaise, sesame oil, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate until serving time.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and soft, about 5 minutes. Add the beef and pork and cook, breaking it up with a spatula, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off the excess fat and add the Korean BBQ Sauce. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the beef broth and lower the heat. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reduces, about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, green onions, and sesame seeds.
Serve the meat on the buns, topped with coleslaw, the cilantro mixture, and pickled jalapeños, if desired.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Korean BBQ Sauce
– Gluten Free