- SWEET POTATOES:
- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
- 3 pounds about 5 medium Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Pecan halves
- ½ cup Gluten free flour
- ¼ cup Light brown sugar
- ¼ cup Toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 6 tablespoons Cold unsalted butter – cut into small pieces
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
Place sweet potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water, add about 2 teaspoons of salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the sweet potatoes are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
Place the sweet potatoes in a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until fluffy. Add the butter and beat until the butter melts. Add the maple syrup, ginger, tamari, and milk and beat until smooth and fully combined, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula as needed. Spread the mixture into the prepared dish.
Place the pecans and flour in a food processor and pulse several times until the pecans resemble coarse meal. Add the brown sugar, sesame seeds, and tamari and pulse a few times. Add the butter and process until it forms into clumps. Spread the mixture on top of the sweet potatoes. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven. Preheat the broiler and broil for about a minute to brown the top further. Plate and enjoy!
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Tamari Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free