- ½ cup Light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- ½ pound Thick sliced bacon
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS:
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up. Put a wire cooling rack on top of the baking sheet.
Combine the brown sugar with 1 tablespoon tamari and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Press the bacon slices into the mixture, making sure to fully coat each piece of bacon well. Place on the wire rack and bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the bacon is well browned and crisp. Remove from the oven and turn the heat to 400 degrees. Transfer the bacon to a plate and replace the foil on the baking sheet with a clean piece.
Spread the Brussels sprouts onto the prepared baking sheet. Combine 3 tablespoons maple syrup, 2 tablespoons tamari, the oil, and pepper. Pour over the Brussels sprouts and toss well. Bake for 20 minutes or until starting to brown and tender, stirring once.
Chop the bacon, combine with the Brussels sprouts, and serve.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Tamari Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free