Matcha Pesto PastaCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce - divided
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon matcha - divided
- 1 pound gluten free spaghetti
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 ¼ cup roasted and salted pistachios - divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 lemons (about ½ cup)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
Add 1 tablespoon of San-J Tamari Soy Sauce and 1 tablespoon of matcha to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Reserve about 1½ cups of cooking water and drain the pasta.
While the pasta is cooking, make the pesto. Place the basil, mint, 1 cup pistachios, garlic, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce and 1 teaspoon matcha in a food processor. Process until everything is well chopped. With the machine running, drizzle in the olive oil. Continue processing until it forms a smooth and thick sauce.
Combine the cooked spaghetti with the pesto and tomatoes and toss to combine, adding some of the reserved pasta water, a little at a time, to thin out the pesto.
Place in a serving dish and top with ¼ cup chopped pistachios.
Can be served warm or at room temperature.
This Gluten Free recipe incorporates San-J product(s) that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.