Back to all Recipes
Matcha Pesto Pasta
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Main IngredientRice & Grains
- 1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce – divided
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon matcha – divided
- 1 pound gluten free spaghetti
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 ¼ cup roasted and salted pistachios – divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 2 lemons about ½ cup
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- Add 1 tablespoon of San-J Tamari Soy Sauce and 1 tablespoon of matcha to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Reserve about 1½ cups of cooking water and drain the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the pesto. Place the basil, mint, 1 cup pistachios, garlic, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce and 1 teaspoon matcha in a food processor. Process until everything is well chopped. With the machine running, drizzle in the olive oil. Continue processing until it forms a smooth and thick sauce.
- Combine the cooked spaghetti with the pesto and tomatoes and toss to combine, adding some of the reserved pasta water, a little at a time, to thin out the pesto.
- Place in a serving dish and top with ¼ cup chopped pistachios.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.
- This Gluten Free recipe incorporates San-J product(s) that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
Check out more Tamari Soy Sauce main course recipes.