Mongolian Beef and Shishito PeppersCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 2 pounds flank or sirloin steak
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound shishito peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- ½ cup San-J Mongolian Sauce
Thinly slice the steak and cut into pieces about 2-3 inches long. Place the steak in a bowl, add the cornstarch, and toss to coat well.
Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over high heat until it starts to shimmer. Add half the beef in an even layer. Let cook for a minute, undisturbed. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes or until the meat is browned. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the rest of the steak. Remove that steak to the plate.
Add 2 tablespoons oil to the same pan and let heat. Add the peppers and cook, stirring occasionally until they start to blister, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add San-J Mongolian Sauce and deglaze the pan making sure to scrap up all the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the beef back into the skillet and cook stirring for another 1-2 minutes.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.