Back to all Recipes
Mongolian Beef and Shishito Peppers
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- 2 pounds flank or sirloin steak
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 pound shishito peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- ½ cup San-J Mongolian Sauce
- Thinly slice the steak and cut into pieces about 2-3 inches long. Place the steak in a bowl, add the cornstarch, and toss to coat well.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over high heat until it starts to shimmer. Add half the beef in an even layer. Let cook for a minute, undisturbed. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes or until the meat is browned.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with the rest of the steak. Remove that steak to the plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to the same pan and let heat.
- Add the peppers and cook, stirring occasionally until they start to blister, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add San-J Mongolian Sauce and deglaze the pan making sure to scrap up all the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the beef back into the skillet and cook stirring for another 1-2 minutes. Serve immediatly and enjoy!
Check out more Mongolian sauce main course recipes.