Back to all Recipes
Mongolian Beef Burgers with Grilled Green Onion Mayonnaise
CourseMain Course, Sandwiches, Burgers, Wraps
OccasionCookouts, Entertaining, Kid-Friendly
- Vegetable oil
- 4 Green Onions
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 small clove Garlic finely grated or minced
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1½ pounds Ground Chuck 20% fat
- 3 tablespoons San-J Mongolian Sauce use divided
- 4 gluten free Hamburger Buns toasted
- Lettuce Leaves
- 8 strips Roasted Red Peppers
- Heat a grill to high. Brush the green onions with some oil and grill for 2 – 3 minutes per side. Let cool then finely chop. Stir the grilled onions into the mayonnaise along with the garlic clove and salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the beef with 2 tablespoons San-J Mongolian Sauce. Divide the meat into 4 equal portions. Form each portion loosely in a ¾ inch thick patty and, using your thumbs, make a deep depression into the center of each patty. Brush both sides of the burgers with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burgers over high heat for 3 – 4 minutes or until browned on the bottom and you see juices rising to the top. Flip the burger and grill for another 4 minutes for medium-rare or 5 – 6 minutes for medium. Remove the burgers from the grill and brush with remaining tablespoon of Mongolian Sauce.
- Spread a little of the mayonnaise on the bottom buns, top with lettuce, a burger, and then slather the rest of the mayonnaise on top of the burgers. Top with the roasted red pepper strips, and serve.
- If using a grill pan: Heat the grill pan on top of the stove over high heat until a drop of water sizzles immediately when splashed on the pan. Cook as above.
Check out more Mongolian sauce main course recipes.