- 1 pound ground lamb
- 3/4 cup San-J Mongolian Sauce divided use
- 1 large egg
- 3 green onions minced
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a rimmed baking pan with some oil or spray with gluten free, non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the lamb, 1/4 cup San-J Mongolian Sauce, egg, green onions, rice, and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl, mix well. Shape into 24 balls, about 1 inch each. Place the meatballs on the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and red peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the cooked meatballs, remaining 1/2 cup sauce and pepper. Stir to coat the meat balls and vegetables with the sauce. Bring sauce to a boil and cook for 1 minute.