Mongolian TofuCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 1 pound extra firm tofu
- ⅓ cup tapioca or corn starch
- Vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup San-J Mongolian Sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Drain the tofu and wrap in a clean towel or paper towels. Press the tofu for at least 15 minutes by adding weight to it. Once pressed, cut the tofu into strips. Coat with tapioca or corn starch.
Add enough oil to a large skillet or wok to coat the bottom of the pan. Heat the oil over high heat until it starts to shimmer. Add the tofu in batches being careful not to over crowd the pan. Fry the tofu until golden brown on all sides, about 30 seconds per side. Remove tofu from pan. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for one minute. Add the peppers, cook, stirring for one minute. Add the San-J Mongolian Sauce and green onions, bring to a boil, and cook stirring for 1 – 2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with cashews and cilantro.
Serve with rice or gluten free noodles.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.