Back to all Recipes
Polynesian Cocktail Meatballs
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/2 cup San-J Sweet and Tangy Sauce – divided
- 3 – 4 dashes hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 large egg
- 6 green onions thinly sliced – divided
- 1 5 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the pineapple over a bowl reserving the juice. Reserve 1/2 cup of the drained pineapple. Put the rest of the pineapple and the pineapple juice in sauce pan with 1/4 cup San-J Sweet and Tangy Sauce, the hot sauce, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and let boil gently for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Keep warm.
- Combine the chicken, the reserved ½ cup pineapple, remaining 1/4 cup San-J Sweet and Tangy Sauce, rice, egg, half of the green onion, the water chestnuts, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Form into small balls, about 2 Tablespoons per meatball. Place on the prepared baking sheets, spray lightly with more cooking spray and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until cooked through and browned. Place on a serving platter.
- Stir half of the remaining green onions into the sauce. Spoon a little of the sauce onto each meatball and serve any remaining sauce on the side. Sprinkle with the remaining green onions and serve with toothpicks or cocktail forks.
Check out more appetizer recipes.