- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/2 cup San-J Sweet and Tangy Sauce – divided
- 3 – 4 dashes hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 large egg
- 6 green onions thinly sliced – divided
- 1 5 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Drain the pineapple over a bowl reserving the juice. Reserve 1/2 cup of the drained pineapple. Put the rest of the pineapple and the pineapple juice in sauce pan with 1/4 cup San-J Sweet and Tangy Sauce, the hot sauce, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and let boil gently for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Keep warm.
Combine the chicken, the reserved ½ cup pineapple, remaining 1/4 cup San-J Sweet and Tangy Sauce, rice, egg, half of the green onion, the water chestnuts, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Form into small balls, about 2 Tablespoons per meatball. Place on the prepared baking sheets, spray lightly with more cooking spray and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until cooked through and browned. Place on a serving platter.
Stir half of the remaining green onions into the sauce. Spoon a little of the sauce onto each meatball and serve any remaining sauce on the side. Sprinkle with the remaining green onions and serve with toothpicks or cocktail forks.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Sweet & Tangy Sauce
– Gluten Free