Back to all Recipes
Vegetarian Gluten-Free Coconut Sticky Rice with Honey Hoisin-Glazed Peaches
Main IngredientFruit, Rice & Grains
OccasionQuick & Easy
- 1 14-ounce can Full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Kosher or fine sea salt
- 2 cups Instant rice
- 6 tablespoons Honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 4 large Peaches peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 4 tablespoons Toasted coconut flakes
- Pour the coconut milk into a 2-cup measuring cup and add enough water to make 2 cups. Pour into a medium saucepan and whisk in the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Bring to a boil. Add the rice, stir, cover the pan, and remove from the heat. Let sit, covered, for 5 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Fluff with a fork. The rice will be sticky. Let cool while preparing the peaches.
- Combine the honey, San-J Hoisin Sauce, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it starts to brown. Add the peaches and cook, stirring gently occasionally, until they start to brown but are not mushy, about 3 minutes. Add the honey hoisin sauce and cook, stirring gently, until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Serve the peaches and sauce over the rice and top with the coconut flakes.
Check out more dessert recipes.