Quinoa Vegetable SaladCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil - divided use
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup pre-rinsed quinoa
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated - divided use
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, deveined and diced
- 1 pound fresh snap peas, trimmed and cut diagonally into ½ inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups quartered button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon San-J Tamari Lite 50% Less Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the quinoa and cook, stirring, to toast, about 1 minute. Add 1 1/2 cups water and 1 tablespoon of ginger, bring to a boil. Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer covered 15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Let cool completely.
Put quinoa in a serving bowl; add the bell pepper, peas, mushrooms, and cilantro leaves. Whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil with the remaining tablespoon ginger, San-J Tamari Lite 50% Less Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce, honey, sesame oil, lime juice, and black pepper. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and quinoa, stir to coat and serve.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.