Back to all Recipes
Quinoa Vegetable Salad
Special DietGluten-Free, Low-Sodium, Vegetarian
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil – divided use
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup pre-rinsed quinoa
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger finely grated – divided use
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, deveined and diced
- 1 pound fresh snap peas trimmed and cut diagonally into ½ inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups quartered button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon San-J Tamari Lite 50% Less Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the quinoa and cook, stirring, to toast, about 1 minute. Add 1 1/2 cups water and 1 tablespoon of ginger, bring to a boil. Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer covered 15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Let cool completely.
- Put quinoa in a serving bowl; add the bell pepper, peas, mushrooms, and cilantro leaves. Whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil with the remaining tablespoon ginger, San-J Tamari Lite 50% Less Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce, honey, sesame oil, lime juice, and black pepper. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and quinoa, stir to coat and serve.
Check out more side dish recipes.