Roasted Cornish Game Hens with Orange Teriyaki SauceCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 1 cup San-J Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger, (2 inch by 1 inch) finely grated
- 6 Cornish game hens (1 – 1 ¼ pound each)
- 1 cup Gluten Free Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper
Whisk together the San-J Teriyaki Sauce, orange juice, garlic, and ginger. Place game hens in a large food storage bag, add 1 cup of the marinade, reserving the rest, and let the hens marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a rack on a rimmed baking sheet and arrange the hens on the rack. Drizzle each hen with the marinade from the bag. Roasted the hens for 35 – 40 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees, basting occasionally with some of the reserved marinade.
Transfer the hens to a platter, cover with foil and let sit while preparing the sauce.
Pour any juices from the roasting pan into a saucepan along with the remaining reserved marinade and the chicken stock. Bring to a boil and let cook for 5 – 6 minutes or until thicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve the hens topped with the sauce.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.