CourseDips & Snacks
- 2 medium eggplants, around 1 lb each
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp San-J Tamari Lite Soy Sauce w/ 50% Less Sodium
- 2 tbdp unsalted tahini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp sambal olek (or other chile paste)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped plus extra for garnish
- 3 tbsp chives, chopped plus extra for garnish
- Vegetable crudité and/or crackers, for servings
- Preheat oven to 450o F.
- Prick the eggplants a few times with a fork, place on the sheet pan and roast in the oven for 45 minutes, or until extremely soft.
- When the eggplants are cool, remove the stem and peel away the skin.
- Place the eggplants and all other ingredients, except the cilantro and chives, into the bowl of a food processor. Process until all ingredients are combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary and scoop into a bowl. Stir the cilantro and chives into the dip and serve with vegetable crudité and/or crackers.