Back to all Recipes
Roasted Spring Vegetable Cobb Salad
- 1 15 ounce can Garbanzo beans
- 1½ tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon San-J Tamari Soy Sauce divided
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 3 Medium beets
- 1 bunch Carrots scrubbed, trimmed, and cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- ¾ pound Baby Yukon gold potatoes about 30
- 1 bunch Radishes trimmed
- 1 can Artichoke heart quarters in water drained
- ½ pound Asparagus woody ends trimmed
- 5 ounces Baby arugula
- 4 Hard-boiled eggs peeled and quartered
- 6 slices Turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces Soft goat cheese
- Drain the garbanzo beans, reserving the liquid. In a blender or food processor, combine ½ cup of the garbanzo beans (reserving the rest to serve on the salad) with 2 tablespoons of the garbanzo bean liquid, the honey, apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, and garlic. Blend until smooth, adding more garbanzo bean liquid if needed. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to serve the salad.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray two baking sheets with gluten free non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine ¼ cup tamari with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a large mixing bowl.
- Scrub the beets and wrap each beet individually in foil. Place directly on the oven rack and cook for 1 hour. After 20 minutes, toss the carrots in the tamari mixture, remove with a slotted spoon, and place on one of the baking sheets in an even layer. After another 10 minutes, toss the potatoes in the tamari mixture, remove with a slotted spoon, and place on the same baking sheet as the carrots in an even layer.
- Toss the radishes in the tamari mixture, remove with a slotted spoon, and place on the other baking sheet. Do the same with the drained artichoke hearts. Place in the oven with the beets and vegetables. After 15 minutes, toss the asparagus spears in the tamari mixture, remove with a slotted spoon, and place on the baking sheet with the radishes and artichoke hearts. Allow everything to continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Unwrap the beets and allow to cool enough to handle. Peel, slice, and toss the beets in the tamari mixture.
- Place an even layer of arugula on a large platter. Top with the roasted vegetables, arranging them in sections. Add the hard-boiled eggs, turkey bacon, reserved garbanzo beans, and goat cheese. Serve with the dressing on the side.
Check out more salads and salad dressing recipes.