Back to all Recipes
Shanghai Potato Cakes
- 1 pound russet potatoes peeled, boiled, and drained well
- 3 ounces frozen peas thawed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon San-J Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- 6 ounces fresh white bread crumbs
- vegetable oil
- Drain the potatoes as much a possible. While still hot, mash until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the peas, cilantro, curry powder, salt, pepper and San-J Thai Peanut Sauce, gently combining all ingredients.
- Using your hands, take a portion of the potatoes about the size of a small ice cream scoop and form it into a flattened cake.
- Repeat with the remaining potatoes to make about 10 cakes.
- Dip each cake into the beaten egg and then cover with bread crumbs.
- Prepare a large skillet by heating the oil until hot, but not smoking.
- Place 2 to 3 cakes in the oiled skillet and fry over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned and warm throughout. Serve immediately.
Check out more side dish recipes.