Shrimp and Wakame Salad
OccasionQuick & Easy, Entertaining, Authentic Japanese
- 2 Tablespoons wakame* dried
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 16 ounces shrimp fully cooked
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- Place the wakame in a large bowl and cover with warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes, then drain. Squeeze out as much excess water as possible, then chop into 1/2 inch lengths.
- Whisk together the vinegar, San-J Tamari Soy Sauce and oil. Add the shrimp, onions and wakame and toss.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Note: *Wakame is a dried seaweed product (commonly found in miso soup) available from most Asian grocery stores. It can be purchased in either chopped or long strand configurations. The chopped variety is much easier to use and ideal for this recipe.