Back to all Recipes
Soy-Ginger Glazed Shrimp Bowl With Rice & Veggies
OccasionQuick & Easy
- 1/2 cup San-J Organic Tamari Soy Sauce with 28% Less Sodium
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 english cucumber, julienned
- 1/4 head of purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- In a large bowl, add soy sauce, honey, garlic ginger and black pepper. Whisk together, until well combined. Divide sauce in half, and set one half aside.
- Add shrimp to the large bowl with half the sauce. Toss to combine, and let marinade in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until shrimp is pink and fully cooked. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Turn heat to medium and add remaining sauce to the skillet. Gently whisk or stir, until sauce begins to simmer and thicken. Cook for about 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Layer bowl, starting with rice. Add in fresh-cut carrot, cucumber and cabbage. Pile on cooked shrimp and garnish with chopped scallions and fresh cilantro.
- Drizzle on Soy-Ginger Sauce to serve.