Spicy Beef & Vegetable Stir Fry
Spicy Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup San-J Tamari Lite
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp chili garlic paste (adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon dried ginger)
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 8 oz top sirloin thinly sliced and at room temperature
- 1 medium onion peeled, cut in half, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium carrot diced or thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 large bell pepper (any color) seeded, deveined, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- white and black sesame seeds for garnish
- rice or cauliflower rice for serving
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat until sizzling hot. Add the sesame oil, let it heat for a few seconds then add the beef in an even layer in the pan. Let sit undisturbed for 30 seconds then start flipping and stirring for another 3 minutes or until the meat is almost cooked to your liking. Transfer from the pan onto a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of oil and let heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the carrot and broccoli, cook for about 3 minutes then add the bell pepper and cabbage. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp tender. Add the sauce, cook for 1 minute then add the beef and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.