Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
Main Course, Side Dish
Quick & Easy, Entertaining
- 1 (16-oz) package silken tofu or soft tofu
- 3 tbsp San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp shichimi togarashi or ichimi togarashi
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
Carefully drain liquid from package of tofu. Gently flip tofu onto serving plate, being careful it does not fall apart. Cut tofu widthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Combine San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, honey, sesame oil, shichimi togarashi, garlic and green onion in a small bowl. Spoon San-J Tamari sauce over tofu. Serve and enjoy.
Tip: Silken tofu, also commonly sold as soft tofu or Japanese-style tofu, is a very soft and crumbly style of tofu that does not require refrigeration.
Tip: Substitute shichimi togarashi or ichimi togarashi with Korean chili flakes!
Tip: Shichimi togarashi is a common Japanese chili pepper spice mixture containing seven ingredients. Ichimi togarashi has a much simpler flavor and is hotter than shichimi.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Tamari Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free