Spicy Peanut Basil ChickenCreated by Amie Valpone Back to all recipes
- 1/2 cup San-J Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus additional for brushing
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
In a large bowl, combine San-J Thai Peanut Sauce, olive oil, garlic, cumin, lime juice, lime zest, onion, basil, marjoram, sea salt, pepper and red-pepper flakes; mix well to combine until mixture resembles a marinade. Transfer marinade to a large sealable bag. Add 4 chicken breasts, seal bag and marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Preheat oven to 450°F.
Line a baking dish with foil and brush with olive oil. Remove chicken from bags and place into prepared baking dish. Transfer marinade to a small pot; discard bags. Roast chicken in the oven for 15 minutes, flip breasts and rotate position of baking dish to ensure even baking. Bake for another 20 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and no longer pink inside.
Meanwhile, heat marinade over medium heat until boiling; simmer for 25 minutes. Remove chicken from oven; transfer to a serving platter. Discard foil.
Remove marinade from heat; drizzle over chicken; serve remaining marinade as a sauce on the side.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.