Pork, Pasta & Noodles
Quick & Easy
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter or seed butter
- 1/4 cup San-J Organic Tamari 25% Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1-3 tsp chili garlic sauce depending on preferred heat level, plus more for serving if desired
- 16 ounces Pad Thai rice noodles
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups chicken broth look for a gluten free brand
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 3 large scallions light green and white parts thinly sliced and divided
- 1/4 cup dry roasted salted peanuts chopped
Combine the peanut butter, tamari, honey, lime juice, and chili garlic sauce in a small saucepan and heat, stirring, over medium heat until it is smooth and fully combined. Set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles per the package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and break up with a spatula; let cook until it starts to get browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove any excess grease from the pan.
Reduce heat to medium-low, add the carrots, peanut sauce, and 1½ cups of broth. Stir to combine. Add the cooked noodles and toss with tongs until fully coated; you may need to add more chicken broth to thin out the sauce. Add the spinach and 2 green onions and cook, tossing with tongs, until the spinach has wilted, and the noodles are fully coated with sauce.
Divide the noodles among 4 shallow bowls and top with the remaining green onion and chopped peanuts. Serve more chili garlic sauce on the side, if desired. Enjoy!
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
25% Less Sodium Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free