Back to all Recipes
- 1 lb cut into 2 inch chunks Cod
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, julienned and divided
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps San-J Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- Begin by preparing a steamer pot. Boiling water and adding the steamer insert on top.
- Add 1 tablespoon of green onions to the bottom of the steamer bowl, followed by a layer cod. Lastly, add 1 tablespoon of ginger over fish.
- Put the bowl into the steamer pot and let the fish steam for 12 minutes.
- Combine the vegetable oil and the rest of the ginger in a medium saucepan. Heat for 15-20 seconds until the oil starts to sizzle.
- Remove the fish from the steamer pot and place the fish onto a plate. Pour the cooked ginger mixture over the fish.
- Top the fish with remaining green onions. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the tamari sauce in a small bowl and mix.
- Heat the tamari sauce in a sauce pan for 15-20 seconds until the edges start to bubble.
- Pour over the fish and serve immediately.