Back to all Recipes
Stuffed Duo Peppers with Sweet & Tangy Au Jus
Main IngredientBeef, Vegetables
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large red bell peppers cored and seeded
- 2 large orange bell peppers cored and seeded
- 1 cup San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, garlic, white rice, salt and pepper.
- Stuff each pepper evenly with the beef and rice combination, packing each pepper shell lightly. Place the stuffed peppers in a medium Dutch oven or high-sided baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce and the beef broth. Whisk to combine well.
- Slowly pour the sauce and broth over the peppers. Add water, if necessary, to barely cover the peppers.
- Heat the peppers and sauce over high heat until the sauce begins to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the peppers occasionally as the peppers cook. The sauce will thicken as the peppers cook.
- To serve, place 1 stuffed pepper on each of 4 individual plates and spoon the thickened sauce over each pepper.
Check out more sweet and tangy sauce main course recipes.