Summer Herb Seafood Szechuan SaladCreated by Amie Valpone Back to all recipes
- 2 lbs. large, raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. San-J Szechuan Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill grates
- 4 slices whole grain gluten-free bread
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
Heat grill to medium-high.
Toss the shrimp with lemon zest and San-J Szechuan Sauce in a large bowl and set aside.
Brush the bread slices with 1 Tbsp. olive oil on each side.
Oil the grill grates, then grill the bread slices and shrimp until bread is golden brown and crisp, approximately 1 minute on each side and the shrimp are opaque, approximately 4 minutes per side. Remove bread and shrimp from grill.
Slice the bread into 1/2 inch pieces (to resemble large croutons). In a large bowl combine cooked shrimp, remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil, grilled bread pieces and remaining ingredients. Gently toss to combine and serve.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.