Back to all Recipes
Sweet Pea & Matcha Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large shallots minced
- 4 cups gluten free vegetable broth
- 4 cups 20 ounces frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 Tablespoon San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 ¼ teaspoons matcha – divided
- 1 ripe avocado cut in half and pitted
- Juice of 1 lime about 2 tablespoons
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish if desired
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- In a Dutch oven or stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until soft but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add the vegetable broth, peas, San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, and 1 teaspoon matcha. Raise heat and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until the peas are heated through.
- Pour the mixture into a blender or food processor, scoop in the flesh of the avocado, add the lime juice and ½ cup mint leaves. Process until smooth. (You may need to process the soup in batches.) Can be made up to a day ahead at this point and stored covered in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, lightly whip the cream with ¼ teaspoon matcha.
- Soup can be served hot or cold. If serving hot, reheat gently over medium heat. Ladle soup into soup bowls, drizzle with the match cream and top with 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds and sprigs of mint if desired.
- This Gluten Free recipe incorporates San-J product(s) that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
Check out more soup recipes.