Sweet & Tangy Salmon Fillet with Cranberry Fennel Chutney
- 1 medium fennel bulb with fronds
- ½ cup plus 1 Tablespoon San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 12 ounces whole cranberries Fresh or frozen/thawed
- ¾ cup roasted and salted pistachios coarsely chopped – divided
- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
- 1 3 ½ pound salmon fillet, ¾ – 1 inch thick, skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut off the fronds from the fennel bulb and save for garnish. Dice the fennel.
- Combine the fennel with ½ cup San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce, sugar, and water in a deep saucepan. Bring to a boil and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cranberries and cook until the cranberries start to pop and the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and stir in ½ cup pistachios.
- Position the top rack of the oven 6 inches from the broiler and preheat the broiler to high heat.
- Place a piece of foil on a rimmed baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Lay the salmon on the foil, skin side down. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil the salmon for 7 minutes. Brush with 1 tablespoon San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce and return to the broiler for another 2 minutes or until the top is browned and the salmon just barely starts to flake. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the salmon to a serving platter and garnish with reserved fennel fronds. Spoon some of the cranberry chutney on top and sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup pistachios on top. Serve the rest of the chutney on the side.
- This Gluten Free recipe incorporates San-J product(s) that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.