Back to all Recipes
Sweet & Tangy Turmeric Quinoa Salad
Special DietGluten-Free, Vegetarian
- ½ cup Quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon Ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons Raw cashews
- 1 Broccoli head cut into small florets
- 1 cup Red cabbage finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon Fresh orange zest
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Add the turmeric to the cooking water and mix well.
- Toast the coconut flakes in the oven for 5 minutes or until toasted on the edges. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Toast the cashews in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Steam the broccoli in a medium pot with a steamer basket for 8-10 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and bright green.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa with the toasted cashews, broccoli, cabbage, San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce, cayenne pepper, sea salt and pepper; toss to combine. Garnish with coconut flakes and orange zest and serve immediately.
Check out more side dish recipes.