Side Dish, Salad
- ½ cup Quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon Ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons Raw cashews
- 1 Broccoli head cut into small florets
- 1 cup Red cabbage finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon Fresh orange zest
Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Add the turmeric to the cooking water and mix well.
Toast the coconut flakes in the oven for 5 minutes or until toasted on the edges. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Toast the cashews in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Steam the broccoli in a medium pot with a steamer basket for 8-10 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and bright green.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa with the toasted cashews, broccoli, cabbage, San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce, cayenne pepper, sea salt and pepper; toss to combine. Garnish with coconut flakes and orange zest and serve immediately.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Sweet & Tangy Sauce
– Gluten Free