Szechuan Beef Spinach SaladCreated by San-J Back to all recipes
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into bite-sized strips
- ½ cup San-J Szechuan Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, cleaned and dried
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
Toss the steak strips with the San-J Szechuan Sauce in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag. Marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the steak strips and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until no longer red in the middle. Add the red bell peppers and onions and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
Prepare 6 individual salad plates. Spread the spinach evenly among the plates. Remove the meat and vegetables from heat and, while still hot, place evenly over the spinach. Whisk together the rice vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and drizzle over each individual wilted spinach and beef salad. Garnish the salads with chopped peanuts.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.