Back to all Recipes
Szechuan Beef Spinach Salad
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- 1 pound sirloin steak cut into bite-sized strips
- ½ cup San-J Szechuan Sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 yellow onions sliced
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves cleaned and dried
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup roasted peanuts chopped
- Toss the steak strips with the San-J Szechuan Sauce in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag. Marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the steak strips and stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until no longer red in the middle. Add the bell peppers and onions and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Divide the spinach leaves among 6 individual salad plates. Remove the meat and vegetables from heat and, while still hot, place evenly over the spinach.
- Whisk together the rice wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and drizzle over each salad. Garnish with chopped peanuts and enjoy!
Check out more salads and salad dressing recipes.